Have you ever wanted a farm animal of your very own but don't have the room or the funds? Now you can work with horses, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, llamas, turkeys, chickens and a donkey, and enjoy loving them at our place. They all need your attention and they give lots of unconditional love back to you.
Some of the volunteer opportunities at The Gentle Barn include:
- Horse Groomer/Walker: Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Brush and walk horses. No experience necessary, we will train you. Note: There is a 4-week training process for Horse Groomers/Walkers and we are looking for people to commit at least one day a week.
- Cow Hugger: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Note: There is a 4-week training process for Cow Huggers and we are looking for people to commit at least one day a week.
- Sunday Docent: Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Interact with the animals and visitors.
- Barnyard Buddy: Shifts available Monday – Friday. Spend time with the pigs, goats, sheep, llamas, chickens, turkeys, and peacock. Note: There is a 4-week training process for Barnyard Buddies and we are looking for people to commit at least one day a week.
- Barn Hand: Monday – Friday anytime. Clean the barnyard, water trees, fill water buckets and help with special projects.
We can't wait to have you as part of our Gentle Family!
If you are interested in volunteering with The Gentle Barn, you can fill out an application by visiting us any Sunday from 10am-2pm when we are open to the public.
If you would like more information, please give us a call at 661-252-2440.